Priya Gill Head of Family
Priya joined Summit Law LLP in 2019 to head the family team. Priya specialises in family related matters including marriage breakdown, finances (both negotiated settlement and contested financial proceedings), child arrangements, the law relating to unmarried couples, domestic violence injunctions, such as non-molestation and occupation orders, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, the financial provision for children following the separation of unmarried couples, civil partnerships and same sex divorces.
Family law disputes are sensitive and delicate and Priya regularly negotiates settlements avoiding the need for court proceedings entirely. As a member of Resolution, Priya is committed to achieving the best outcome for her clients, adopting a personable and non-confrontational approach to her matters, aiming to find a way forward for her clients during one of the most upsetting periods in their lives.
Examples of Priya’s recent cases include:
- Obtaining a financial award for a husband in a short marriage whose wife was a vexatious litigant and made several wrongful appeals to the Court of Appeal
- Successfully defending a father who was wrongly accused of mistreating his child and securing shared contact
- Successful financial remedy dispute involving a three-day intervener hearing and involving international properties
- Securing the court’s permission for a mother to take her daughter to New Zealand
- Securing the return of a child who was taken from a father and obtaining an order that the child should live with the father for the foreseeable future
What Priya’s clients say about her:
- ‘You have made a superb impact in turning around my case and I am very grateful to you for that’
- ‘Thank you for all your help in my matter. You have been very professional and considerate during these difficult months’
- ‘As usual you are at the top of your game. Thank you for your help and support’
- ‘You have been simply amazing and I am very grateful to you and for all your hard work and assistance regarding the case’
- ‘Thank you for all your help throughout the case – your advice was invaluable’
Priya volunteers at Rights of Women which is an organisation that provides confidential legal advice to women.