Alice Lithgow Solicitor
Alice is a Partner in the Commercial Litigation team and has extensive experience of resolving commercial and insolvency related disputes.
|2004||Qualified as a Solicitor of the Senior Courts|
|1997-1999||College of Law (Guildford)|
|1991 -1995||University College London, 2:1 BA (Hons)|
Memberships & Associations
Law Society of England and Wales
London Solicitor Litigation Association
Lawyers Christian Fellowship
Recent cases Alice has worked on
- Acting for the Joint Provisional Liquidators of a company in liquidation in Bermuda to obtain a Recognition Order in the High Court and arranging subsequent s236 interviews to obtain further information about potential claims.
- Acting in Part 8 charity proceedings in the High court Chancery Division in a church dispute involving the Ethiopian Orthodox Church. After several contested Court hearings, the parties agreed to set up a new CIO under the Judge’s guidance.
- Settling a claim for misuse of private information, harassment and infringement of GDPR on behalf of a local councillor who had a witness statement published on a local politics blog. The settlement included a Statement of Apology in the open Court and payment of costs.
- Advising representatives of a consortium of over 150 shareholders with regard to the recovery of losses in relation to a Plc in administration.
- Advising a financial services company on insurance coverage issues in relation to claims made in respect of unregulated collective investment schemes.
- Representing a Defendant in a 16 week trial in the Commercial Court in a claim brought by 500 Claimants against the providers of investment schemes for (amongst other matters) dishonest assistance and breach of trust.
- Obtaining a freezing order against an employee who had allegedly misappropriated monies from the company’s bank account.
- Obtaining a judgment for damages in a high profile harassment case.
- Securing a settlement for a director defending a claim brought for misfeasance pursuant to s212 Insolvency Act 1986 and numerous other insolvency cases.
- Representing a New Zealand client at a Privy Council hearing concerning Maori land rights
- Acting for Claimants in a class action against the UK government in one of the first cases brought under the Human Rights Act.