Jeremy Boyle, Senior Partner
Jeremy founded Summit Law LLP in 2008. He specialises in commercial litigation, dispute resolution and insolvency law for clients in the UK, Gibraltar, Portugal, Spain and South America.
For example, he:
- Acted in international arbitration proceedings against an African oil company
- Obtained judgement for £50 million against fraudulent directors of an international property company
- Successfully defended a director facing proceedings under the Company Director Disqualification Act
- Secured a judgement for several million pounds on a wrongful trading action
- Successfully defended a former World Rally champion in relation to a claim involving an alleged breach of contract, and resisted an application for an injunction
Jeremy speaks fluent Spanish, which helps with cross-border litigation and debt collection. He is also a council member of the Portuguese Chamber of Commerce.
He is a member of the Association of Business Recovery Professionals (R3), the Insolvency Practitioners’ Association, the Insolvency Lawyers Association, the Proceeds of Crime Lawyers’ Association, and the British Spanish Law Association.
He is regularly invited to lecture at professional training bodies and for clients within the insolvency profession, and is a contributor to R3’s quarterly Recovery magazine.
He holds a degree in law from Staffordshire University, studied at the Guildford College of Law, qualified as a solicitor in 1993, and passed the Bar Council’s Aptitude exams in 1999.
Having once run with the bulls in Pamplona, Jeremy now prefers more sedate pastimes including reading and cooking – he claims to rustle up the best paella north of Valencia.