Morgan is an Australian Qualified Solicitor, who has been practising for 8 years in Australia and now in the United Kingdom.
Morgan has developed a strong interest and expertise in contentious corporate and personal insolvency matters, commercial dispute resolution and civil fraud cases.
Morgan’s specific areas of expertise include:
- Insolvency for corporates and individuals
- Defending insolvency proceedings (including opposing petitions and applications to suspend discharges from bankruptcy)
- Bankruptcy annulments
- Antecedent transaction disputes
- Civil fraud, conspiracy and tort of deceit claims
- freezing order injunctions
- General civil litigation (including breach of contract, TOLATA and professional negligence disputes)
- Director disqualification
Cases Morgan has worked on
In Australia, Morgan worked on large landmark liquidations including the Octaviar Limited, Octaviar Administration Limited and the Walton Construction Group liquidations. She has also worked in-house at an IP firm to assist with corporate recovery on a secondment.
More recently in the United Kingdom, Morgan has worked on the following cases:
- Acting for a defendant in a large scale multiparty civil fraud/conspiracy to defraud matter in the High Court relating to various investments in excess of £200 million made to start up an FX market making business.
- Acting for an individual in Australia and working with the IFW Global to assist with a civil fraud claim involving a boiler room scheme.
- Acting for an individual to successfully resist personal insolvency proceedings where the repayment of a substantial loan debt was frustrated due to the UK Sanctions regime imposed on Russia.
- Acting for bankrupts to successfully resist suspension of discharge from bankruptcy and bringing applications to set aside indefinite suspension orders.
- Acting for creditors in winding up and bankruptcy petitions.
- Acting for companies and individuals to successfully oppose winding up and bankruptcy petitions.
- Acting for directors to defend claims made by liquidators, who are being pursued for antecedent transactions (i.e. preferences, transaction at an undervalue, overdrawn director loans, unlawful dividends, wrongful trading, breach of director duties and fraud).
- Acting for directors who are at risk of director disqualification proceedings.
- Acting for corporates and individuals in breach of contract cases (including employment contracts and franchise agreement disputes) and mediating matters to reach a commercial outcome.
- Securing freezing order injunctions in civil fraud cases.
2015 – Qualified as a Solicitor of the Queensland Supreme Court and Federal/High Courts of Australia
2015 – College of Law
2011-2014 – Graduated from the Queensland University of Technology (QUT) with a Bachelor of Laws, Second Class Honours