Employment law is one of the most important aspects to a business. Navigating the minefield of employment law can be daunting, what with constant changes and serious repercussions if you get it wrong.
Our expert team are able to assist with both contentious and non-contentious matters, from assisting with the recruitment process and drafting contracts, to bringing and defending claims for unfair dismissal and discrimination on the grounds of gender, race, disability, religious or sexual orientation.
Our knowledge of HR issues together with our experience of tribunals means that we can effectively manage risks that your business may be facing and review your internal policies to ensure your up to date compliance.
With short time limits in employment law and the risk of not being able to recover costs, seeking early advice is imperative. Our expert team are able to assess the issue promptly and achieve resolutions. We pride ourselves on getting to know you and your business and tailoring our advice to meet your specific requirements and priorities.
Call us today for help in relation to any of the following topics:
- Employment status
- Drafting employment contracts and contracts for services
- Drafting policies, procedures and staff handbooks
- Advising on HR issues
- Advising in relation to TUPE, change of terms of employment and reorganization
- Advising in relation to disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Advising in relation to dismissal (i.e. how to avoid claims of unfair dismissal and wrongful dismissal)
- Defending unfair dismissal, breach of contract, discrimination, equal pay and/or whistleblowing claims
- Defending claims relating to bonuses, commission payments and/or share entitlements
- Anti-discrimination measures
- Directors and director duties
- Individual redundancy
- Collective consultation and redundancies
- Employment tribunals
- Drafting and negotiating the terms of Settlement Agreements
- Restraint of trade, confidentiality and intellectual property