Bankruptcy or even the threat of bankruptcy can be a stressful time worrying about losing your home and savings, how it affects your loved ones, but it does not have to be that way.
We can help devise options and strategies to enable you to make informed decisions at every turn. Remember a problem shared is a problem halved.
Whether you are in arrears with your tax to HMRC or council tax or owe money to a creditor(s), have received a statutory demand or bankruptcy petition, or need to enter into arrangements to allow you time to pay, we are here to help you.
For a no-obligation consultation to discuss your situation with our expert bankruptcy solicitors, please call us today at our London office on 020 7467 3980 or complete our online enquiry form.
How can Summit Law help?
Our leading bankruptcy insolvency solicitors regularly assist debtors, bankrupts, their spouses and partners with a range of issues. We can help you if:
- You or your business is struggling with debt and are facing insolvency
- You have been declared bankrupt and you wish to apply to cancel or Annul your Bankruptcy
- You have been served with a Statutory Demand or Bankruptcy Petition
- Your spouse or partner is bankrupt, and their Trustee is seeking possession of your home
- You signed a guarantee and demand has been made for you to pay
- Someone in your family owes money to a creditor and your assets are at risk
- You have received a letter from the Official Receiver about a Bankruptcy Restrictions Order
- Your Trustee in bankruptcy is claiming costs and you think they are too high, and you wish to challenge them
- You wish to enter into an Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA) with your creditors or you want us to negotiate on your behalf
- Your trustee wishes to privately examine you
Why choose Summit Law?
As a Law Society Lexcel Accredited law firm, our experienced bankruptcy lawyers offer a bespoke service that caters for your individual needs from start to finish at what can be one of the most emotionally draining and troubling times of your life.
Our specialist team of bankruptcy solicitors are industry leaders in providing the best advice and representation and that is why we were nominated as Insolvency Law Firm finalists of the year.
As bankruptcy specialists we have a depth of experience to help you manage a variety of insolvency issues. If you have been served with a bankruptcy petition we can help negotiate with the creditor.
If a bankruptcy petition has been presented you will not be able to make payments for example to staff or your landlord unless you get court approval. This is called a validation order and we can help you apply to the court for permission.
If you are being pursued by a creditor or a liquidator, we can help defend you and fight your corner. We pride ourselves on getting to the heart of the issues as quickly as possible and our job is to fix the problem as soon as possible.
All our insolvency lawyers are well versed in bankruptcy and personal insolvency law. We understand and appreciate just how delicate this area of law can be – not just within the confines of the courtroom, but also the psychological demands placed on bankrupts and their families – and how to navigate through the process in a way our clients feel as comfortable and as assured as can be expected, in all the circumstances.
Bankruptcy lawyers - further information
Call our bankruptcy lawyers today
Our expert commercial team are backed with many years’ experience in bankruptcy matters and offer fully bespoke advice to our clients.
For a free initial consultation, please contact our personal bankruptcy lawyers today by calling 020 7467 3980. Alternatively, you can complete the online enquiry form and a member of our team will call you back to discuss your situation.